Geoform of "the mushroom" in the Ischigualasto Park: typical postcard of the Moon Valley of San Juan.
Before going on a trip to the province of San Juan, I only had one trip in mind that I had to do and that was to go visit the famous "Valley of the Moon". Once I was there I discovered that the correct name of this place is Parque Ischigualasto and that there were many more surprises there than just the few photos that were shown on the internet. Discovering all these beautiful landscapes with my own eyes was one of the best things I did this year, and after all the surprises I saw along the way, I was finally in front of the typical postcard of this place ❤️.
My hostel co-worker and I traveled almost four hours to get from the city center to the park. This trip was a little tiring, but we still knew it was worth it when we were finally there. This place, made up of more than 60 thousand hectares of clay terrain, houses the most beautiful landscapes of this province. What I liked the most is that these were unique for me since I had never seen anything like this in any other province ❤️.
In total, the visit to this park took us about 4 hours. In it we traveled more than 40 km of road aboard a public bus provided by the park itself. On the walk we stopped to see five places of interest, such as the Painted Valley, the Bocce Field, the Dr William Sill Site Museum and the El Submarino geoforomas. Each one of them had its special touch, and at the end of the path it was time to discover the famous mushroom ❤️.
This geoform is the typical postcard of this park, and is even the logo of the park itself. I think its popularity is due to the fact that it is the one closest to the large reddish wall in the background, which serves as the natural boundary between the provinces of La Rioja and San Juan. The colors of both materials create a great contrast and its popularity is well deserved ❤️.
The funniest anecdote from this day is that it took me quite a while to get the ticket to visit this place. Due to failures in the ticket sales system, I had to go to the bus station four times until I finally got my seat. This walk was scheduled for a Sunday, and on Saturday night, at the last minute, my partner decided to go with me. His idea was to approach the bus at departure time to ask if they would sell him a ticket at that moment, and he was so lucky that they did. It didn't cost him anything to get a place, and then he laughed at me and my whole ordeal .
I quite liked having my friend's company that day. There we took the opportunity to talk about my desire to travel alone for a long time and about all the times I imagined myself in front of that figure, achieving my fiancé. The truth is that this trip encouraged me to travel alone more often, because after all, friends are made along the way ❤️.
This was the last stop of our walk and to return to the park gate, we did so alongside the large orange wall that we were seeing during the afternoon. This large wall, about 30 meters high, extended the entire length of the park and contrasted very well with all the pale landscapes we had been seeing ❤️.
From the bus in which we were traveling we were lucky enough to come across some guanacos in their natural habitat. In addition to these cute animals, you can also see small foxes, condors, small rodents and even pumas in this park. This place is really sprawling, so I imagine thousands of families live around here .
This walk ended with a short stop at the dinosaur museum at the entrance, where some of the specimens found here were on display. This entire place is oriented towards these prehistoric animals, since to this day studies are carried out on the findings that were found here. The truth is that it is highly recommended to visit this place, because you will definitely learn something new ❤️.
Visiting Ischigualasto Provincial Park was something very beautiful and memorable for my partner and me. Even though the four-hour return trip left us more than tired (we arrived at the hostel straight to sleep), going there was worth it. While I was in that place I thought about how lucky I am to be able to achieve what I set out to do, and to delight my eyes with the landscapes I want to see. I hope that you also liked it as much as I did and that if you ever visit Argentina, don't hesitate to take a getaway to San Juan ❤️.
I hope you enjoyed this book. If you have any questions, or want to supplement this post, please write in the comments area. You can also visit Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest and Feedly where you'll find further information in this blog. SHARE THIS!










0 comments:
Post a Comment
Do not insert clickable links or your comment will be deleted. Check the Notify me notifications to be notified via email of new comments. If I helped you with the post or with the answers to the comments, share on Facebook or Twitter. Thank you.