Choele Choel was founded July 9 1879 by the general Conrado Villegas in the island Pacheco, with the name Nicolás Avellaneda. It was razed little time later by a flood and the soldiers and their families, next to some civilians, they settled in the well-known place as Pampas de losMolinos, where it remained up to March of l882 18, it dates in that was transferred to their current location.
Starting from that moment happening made of transcendency that marked the history of Choele Choel, as the installation of a post office in 1883 left, the installation in the place of the salecianos in 1890, the creation of the school Nº 10 in 1904, the creation of the popular library in 1917, the first sawmill and the origin of the Club Choele Choel.
The area has been populated with races and ethnoses of all parts of the world. There are from refugees from Laos, arrived in the years 70, until old orthodox believers arrived from Russia.
Choele Choel is the most important urban center of what is denominated Half Valley, an area of around 100 kilometers irrigated half exactly by the tract of the Río Negro. Choele Choel works this way, as nucleus service provider to the towns of this area of the valley that go from Pomona to Chimpay.
This town of 10.000 inhabitants, as the rest of those of the Half Valley, settles mainly on the agricultural activity. The economic activity began with the wheat cultivation, medic and the livestock breeding, to derive then in fruit-bearing, vine and vegetables.
The community has electric power services, it dilutes drinkable and natural gas, I pave, a solid infrastructure of health and education.
It is, also, the provincial capital of the folklore, since is the headquarters of the annual festival that takes place in Río Negro, and of the Calf, for the incidence of its cattle production.
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: