Do you like the idea of camping but want the comfort of a hotel? The solution is "glamping". A new global trend that combines "glamor" and "camping".
A new term is cast in the terminology nit: glamping. The concept - the union of glamor and camping - is made for those who do not support sunrise in a tent to incandescent temperatures; Restform absent and the consequent pain; rumpled due to its use as a makeshift pillow; and discomfort of walking in pajamas to a common bathroom.
The initiative is based on accommodation in rustic spaces with low environmental impact and all amenities.
"The glamping is a new way to plan in the countryside, the mountains or the beach but with the amenities of a hotel," said David Troy, founder of Glumpinghub, the only site in Spanish for a year that combines a directory worldwide with direct access to accommodation, blog, articles and all kinds of information on this trend.
The glamping has its origins in Africa, where many travelers conducting safaris decided to bring every possible comfort.
The trend was a success and now travels the world in adapted to the characteristics of each site versions.
In Spain, for example, were the tree houses; in the United States, tipis (sort of conical tent covered with buffalo hide) and luxury trailers; in Latin America, geodesic domes and containers.
Glamping in Argentina:
One of the most important choices to make glamping is located in the province of Santa Cruz, in the Los Glaciares National Park, about 50 kilometers from the city of El Calafate.
- The proposal is built on Las Colonias peninsula, between Roca and Rico lakes wild guanacos, foxes, rheas, condors and many other species of birds.
- The site has eight double domes, four bathrooms and a larger dome used as a multipurpose space and dining.
- The dome structure provides high wind resistance, characteristic of the Patagonian region is protected with PVC fabric and wood floors.
- Inside, the beds are single sheets of cotton, fleece blankets and feather.
- Gourmet dishes: vegetable soups, Patagonian lamb, red fruit tarts ...
Another proposal of glamping in Patagonia Argentina is developed within the National Park The Larches, in the province of Chubut.
- It is a primitive campsite located on the banks of river Myrtles, in addition to traditional camping plots, geodesic domes has high end.
- The ability of the dome is for a maximum of five people with twin or full size beds on wooden platforms.
- The windows have mosquito nets ventilation system and two of them are placed on top to observe the sky and stars.
- Salamanders are heated with firewood with a glass door and feature rechargeable led lanterns.
- There service breakfast, half board and full board.
- Bathrooms are shared under the concept of sustainability and care of water and energy.
- In the province of Buenos Aires and just four hours drive from the Federal Capital, another alternative proposals glamping is located in the seaside resort of Pinamar, one of the most exclusive beaches of the Atlantic Coast, Argentina.
- The accommodation here is done in containers fitted with the comfort of a high-end accommodation and with the distinction of having an art gallery inside the premises.
- The rooms have box springs, air conditioning, barbecue, designer furniture, whirlpools, ateliers and private terraces.
- The location is in the middle of a pine forest, just minutes from the beach.
- The administration building was designed by Argentine architect Clorindo Testa, author among other works of the National Library, the Bank of London and the Recoleta Cultural Center.
- In addition, no pool, Wi-Fi and spa.
- It is a luxury camp situated 2,400 meters above sea level in the Cordillera de los Andes. Adventure programs lasting several days and developed since 1996, with the central aim of linking humans with nature.
- The starting point of the crossing is located in a small place called The Loicas, about 100 kilometers Malargüe. There, travelers ride horses and embark on a journey of six hours, it is impossible to access in vehicles. The only route is between November and March each year, weather conditions in the area.
- The camp features wood floors, dishes, chairs, music, heating, bathrooms and hot showers. Also operates a dining tent and a living room, which at night chivitos, stews and Mendocino wines are tasted, the rhythm of guitar playing, songs and stories of the locals.
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: