The great journey of Route 40 in Argentina from north to south: the second stage, reaching Abra del Acay.

09.-La Ruta-40-se-reparte.png

I get up early after sleeping in a school and continue my way through the gravel, the dirt and some strange and inconsistent landscapes for most of the people who believe that Route 40 is just dirt and gravel and roads in poor condition.

Sometimes the adventure happens to observe the beauty that nature offers us and not to suffer the inhospitable conditions of a route.

09.-La Ruta-40.png

Rivers and lagoons along our route. The water runs and the clouds pass.

09.-La Ruta-40-1.png

And signs warning that the road is not always advisable for any type of vehicle.

09.-La Ruta-40-2.png

Purple mountains, yellow stones, chestnut grass and birds that curiously observe the passage of travelers.

09.-La Ruta-40-3.png

While others enjoy the disinterested water of the rest of the world.

09.-La Ruta-40-4.png

Very few vehicles in transit. Some shepherd houses and some new friends we make during the trip. The landscape is quite bleak. Lunch and continue.

09.-La Ruta-40-5.png

I fill the tank of the bike and continue.

09.-La Ruta-40-7.png

The ledge path is narrow and dangerous. You have to be very careful. I come to a place of abandoned houses. I try to stay the night but there is a lot of dirt. I get to the police station and they give me a hand allowing me to camp.

My thanks to them. In these places the police perform a different function, more humanitarian if you want. Stripped of those basic principles of her profession that are preventing crime and sometimes excessive repression. Here they are reserved. And when they can help the traveler they do it.

09.-La Ruta-fin-de-la-segunda-etapa.png

Thank you for reading!

To get more updates you can follow my blogs and / or feel free to follow me on social networks Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Pinterest, Telegram and Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts